The third assignment from Blogging 101 this year is to follow five new topics in the Reader and five new blogs. I’m constantly finding and following new blogs almost every day. Writer blogs, gaming blogs, parenting blogs, whatever I’m turned on to by other blogger/writer friends, usually through social media.
I’m going to give you five relatively random blogs/sites that you should check out and follow if you wish. Following and connecting with other bloggers and connecting with authors through social media is one of the best ways to grow your own audience, but try to remember that interaction is still the engine that drives the whole blogging machine. Comment and converse with your fellow bloggers!
- Check out Chris Lawrence at velvetmedia.wordpress.com
- The Indie Chicks is a great place to find new (to you) voices
- Dare to engage with Samara at samaraspeaks.wordpress.com
- Connect with Mariah Moon of The Simple Parent
- and join in a community like Yeah Write or Studio 30 Plus!
Okay, that was actually six, we’ll call one extra credit. But it’s not about “how many followers can I get?” It’s about reading what interests you and sharing and connecting and writing. I don’t have nearly enough time to keep up with all the blogs I follow and want to read every day, but it’s always rewarding to do so.