My friend Jewels once posted about the reasons she would want a man in her life and listed (some of?) the things he would be able to do for/to/with her if she found him. This was almost a year ago and she has written much on the subject of relationships since then, but having recently seen her post, I wanted to share a few of the reasons why I feel I’m a good catch.
For the record, I’m taken. I hope my girlfriend doesn’t dispute any of these things- I’m not trying to brag, just being honest. I’m awesome! And modest, did I mention that? Anyway, if you read the post over at According to Jewels, you’ll see this list is based on the one she made:
- Yes, I’m pretty good at the sex (J listed it first, that’s the ONLY reason I did!)
- I HATE spiders but I still accept the job of killing the ones in the house so my gf doesn’t have to
- I cuddle and enjoy it
- I’m pretty handy when it comes to fixing various plumbing/electrical issues around the house
- I will shovel my gf’s car out in the morning and scrape her windows before she goes outside
- I would totally protect my lady from shark attacks (that’s weird, J, weird)
- I love to cook, and I love my gf’s cooking and I love that we both love it
- I gladly bring my gf a beer or glass of wine, even if I’m not drinking
- I’m glad to disagree with, debate with, and maybe even bicker light heartedly with my gf. Agreeing on everything is boring.
- I have strong hands and rub my gf’s neck/back/hands/feet as requested
- I spoon in bed, or stay on my side; I can do both comfortably
- I have strong hands to open stubborn jars
- I love to drive so my gf doesn’t ever have to unless she wants to
- I will accompany my gf to events where she needs a +1
- I change flat tires, pump gas, clean winshields etc
- I enjoy holding hands, touching my gf’s arm/shoulder/back as we walk in public
- I enjoy watching TV and movies with my gf
- I will challenge my gf and push her to excel
- I will call my gf on bullshit
- I want to share my gf’s interests but also have my own. Again, agreeing on everything is boring
- Parents (especially Moms) tend to love me (at nearly 40 this may be more a benefit for me than my gf)
There are undoubtedly other things I bring to the table, but because I’m modest I will refrain from mentioning more. Guys, I hope this list perhaps helps you realize everything YOU contribute to your relationships. Ladies, I hope you
are sufficiently jealous see in this list many traits of your men, and are sufficiently appreciative.
I’m hear to help you, my friends. Always remember that.